I have heard people say that your older kids grow up just in time for the new one to come. I didn't/don't believe any of them. But, this month has calmed my nerves just slightly.
Since we have reunions and playing scattered throughout the summer, I realized that this month was the month for Afton to grow up. And I must say, she has been a really great sport!
Afton potty trained- well, she goes on the potty (and sometimes in her pants) and has woken up dry all week- hopefully the progress continues and there will be no more "careless peeing" soon.
The other day we bought a toddler bed off Craigslist. I was going to wait a few months before transitioning her because I have heard it is such a nightmare. But, I found a great bed for a great deal so we set it up thinking that we would get her used to the idea before transitioning her. Afton had different ideas.
After getting the bed set up, she spent all day jumping on it- she fell in LOVE! After running errands, I was helping Afton out of her car seat when she asked, "Mommy, can I play on my bed? I am SO obsessed!" I didn't even know she knew the word obsessed!
When it came to "night night time" I thought I would let her just try to sleep in the toddler bed. We hadn't even set up the toddler rails yet but she was just too excited about sleeping in the toddler bed- I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a smooth transition. I told her that she would need to sleep in the crib if she got out of her bed. Surprisingly (and very thankfully), she was asleep ten minutes later and walked into our bedroom this morning about 7:15! I am crossing my fingers that it wasn't just a fluke and that it really will be this easy (wishful thinking, this I know!).
Seriously though, this month has made me one proud mama! I really want to raise strong, independent girls- its so fun to watch her start in that direction! It is hard to let go of the little baby- but one will be here shortly and I am told that having an independent little girlie will help a lot when that time comes- lets hope the transition is somewhat smooth- haha- its going to be a nightmare!
Kenton caught this picture last night. Do you love how she sleeps with five blankets! Always has- probably always will!
I can't believe we even dared chance her waking up- but I'm so glad we did!
She looks so grown up!
p.s. I want to look back at this picture and remember that our power sockets have built in safety guards.
I don't want to think I put my child in a dangerous situation- don't worry future Brittney- she was safe!
Oh my gosh she looks so grown up and so tall in that picture! And that bed is adorable by the way. You're an awesome mom Britt and you'll handle 2 kids with ease.
ReplyDeleteawww this is so cute!! I promise having 2 kids isn't as bad as everyone says it is. Afton will be such a big help! I felt like the transition with having one child was harder than having two. You'll be amazed at how much Afton will understand she's now a big sister and she will be so good with the baby. I hope you are doing great!
ReplyDeleteAfton looks so grown up I can't even believe it!! So, I think I know what we should do at nights during the reunion when the kids are in bed...help me with my blog and photoshopping pictures:) Seriously I could use some tips!!
ReplyDeleteI never knew you could reply to people's comments! I just saw Brittany do it and realized that you now can! Maybe you need to ask her about Blog stuff.
DeleteBut, I would love to help you in any way I can! We should totally have a tip night- I need some tips of healthy simple recipes from you!
We CANNOT wait to see you guys!