13.5.12

Mother's Day

Today I learned about the butterfly effect. This is basically the idea that small changes can result in large differences to a later state. The theory is part of the chaos theory and the name is derived from the theoretical example that hurricanes can form when a distant butterfly flaps it wings weeks before.

This got me to think about all of the women who have had an influence on my life that they did not anticipate.  I think of ancestors who were simply trying to survive the best they could but chose to turn to the Lord in their time of need- they are examples of strength, faith, hope and endurance that I look up to everyday.  I think of my Grandmas- who are both strong and faithful women- who have lived a life with faithful hearts, even through the trials.  I think of my mom, who for years, worked from the second she woke up to the second she went to bed.  She raised 7 kids, taught school, took care of a sick husband, loved her family and still managed to have dinner on the table and a strong testimony.  To this day I don't know how she did it- but her endurance helps me endure my much easier but still difficult days.  I think of my mother-in-law, who probably didn't know that little girl from the family that bought their house, would one day be immensely blessed by the lessons of kindness and love that she taught her youngest son who is now my amazingly kind and loving husband.

As I sat in church today, I became very overwhelmed.  I realized all the blessing that I have been given- and I realized that the strong heritage of women that I come from are to thank for many of those blessings.  I cannot thank them enough and I hope I can continue to learn from their examples and raise a family that can influence others like they have influenced me.

And here is my little cutie- the one who has brought more happiness than I knew possible.
Love you Aftie Girl.

_AND1853 _AND1698 _AND1844 _AND1848 _AND1745 _AND1826 _AND1697 _AND1793




2 comments :

  1. Love your post! Yay for moms! And such cute pics of Afton!
    --Cambria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way of putting it Britt. Afton looks so much like Jamie in some of these pictures it is crazy. I can't wait until we can get them together.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top