The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays!
I love the simplicity of the day and spending time with family and friends.
This was our first fourth of July away from family- we missed them all but were determined to still have a good time!
Because of all the tragic fires that had been burning in the state of Colorado, we thought we might not be able to see fireworks this year- which I was NOT going to be ok with. As we got closer to the fourth of July and city after city canceled their firework displays, I was loosing hope! But, then our friends, the Smith's, told us about a show in a small town about 30 minutes from us! I was thrilled!
The show was on July 3rd- which we LOVED. We stayed out late celebrating and then slept in the next day! It was FABULOUS!
Afton waited SO patiently in the 20 minute line to ride the slide. At the last minute she backed out- maybe next year!
There is the sweetest old man that serves in our ward's nursery. He lets the kids jump on him every week. Our friend Calvin was kind enough to fill in and let all the kids jump on him. Afton LOVED it!
And of course, Afton LOVED all the treats we brought- maybe a little too much!
Our best attempt at a family picture. Yes, Afton is cut out- but you should really see the other ones- this is by far the best!
Oh- the BEAUTIFUL fireworks! I love this country!
On Saturday we went swimming and since we don't have a grill, we went to Smashburger as our sub for a barbecue! We went all out and got double meat- yummy!
Although we missed our family, we had a great holiday!
Hope you all did too!







We loved being able to spend the 4th with you guys last year.. bbq, fireworks in Sugarhouse, those were good times. Too bad we only got to live by you for like 2 months!! Move back! Looks like you had a fun time though, see ya in a few days.
ReplyDeleteAfton is so adorable! I am excited to see what you next beauty looks like! She will be just as cute!
ReplyDeleteYou guys really do like Smash Burger! Love the family photo with no Afton. I really really want to come to Boulder!
ReplyDelete