20.1.13

my family.

I tried to buy some DayQuil at the store the other day.  
I didn't know this, but you have to be 18 to buy DayQuil in Colorado.
The cashier wouldn't let me buy it.  
Apparently I didn't pass for 18, even with my 3 year & 4 month old daughters in the cart with me.

Here in Colorado, I am constantly told I am too young to have two girls.
Some people say it, some people just stare...and stare...and stare.
Its kind of hard not to feel self conscious when everyone is constantly looking at you
like you are crazy, like there is no way you could have possibly chosen this life,
like you must have made some big mistakes to get to where you are right now.

I can't always tell those staring eyes my story and testimony,
but, its been one of those weeks where I have felt a lot of staring eyes,
and I just want to say something. . . so I am choosing to say it here.  I hope you don't mind.

I always knew I would have kids.  I didn't always know I would enjoy having kids.
I have a strong testimony of my Heavenly Father and I believe strongly that he has given us
a plan that will allow us to be the happiest that we could possibly be.  (learn more here)
Family is central to our Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness (learn more here)
and therefore, I believe that having a family will/has helped me to be the happiest I can possibly be.

My family means to world to me.  
They bring me more joy and happiness than I ever thought possible.
I am not some naive little girl who made a few wrong choices and ended up with this life.
I chose this life, and I would chose it again.

After a long week of "wow, that's a big load you have today", "you really want more children?", and, "you have to look well over 18 to buy DayQuil and I just can't say that you do.",
my amazing husband (who is the most incredible father to our little girls)
took these beautiful pictures of our lazy Saturday morning in bed.
I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the amount of joy and happiness 
that my little family brings to me. 
Who couldn't love these two little girls?

DSC_1198 DSC_1146 DSC_1112 DSC_1205 DSC_1181 DSC_1090 DSC_1199 DSC_1140 DSC_1194 DSC_1166

4 comments :

  1. Love this! I got a lecture from my Dr. the other day about why I should be on birth control. She was a bit surprised that I actually want more children. She told me I was too young to have so many kids. Maybe she didn't know I was married or that I'm 30 but I am perfectly happy with the life I have as well! I wish more women could see joy of motherhood! Your girls are absolutely adorable! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little older than you and one less child so I don't get the
    "you're too young to have so many children" BUT I do get some "you're older and ONLY have one child" looks :) ha ha It's funny how the looks really just don't matter huh? What it boils down to is that being a mom is the most amazing thing and we LOVE it. Can't wait to have you guys closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Your amazing and your girls are amazing! It is crazy how sometimes the world doesn't quiet understand the importance and blessing of being a mom. I kept thinking in my head that you were told something like you would have a family in a time when it would be unpopular. Thanks for the example Britt! Your the mom I wish to be someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your last few posts about family, peace, and testimony. I just want to say. . .ditto!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top