28.4.13

Allergic Reaction


So, remember this picture of my dad from our family reunion in Boulder?
(Sometimes my dad has an allergic reaction to his anti-rejection medicine- his face blows up!)



Well, Afton woke up hysterical one morning.  We couldn't figure out why until we took a good look at her face. . .


Yep, allergic reaction.  We had Indian Food the night before- something she had never had.  It was either that or the all natural Beet juice CapriSun.  We will be avoiding both for now.
Thank heavens we had seen my dad's face and knew what it was!
We were able to laugh about it, get her some Children's Claritin and wait a day while the swelling went down.  All was well in the end.

Kenton was eating breakfast while she sat on the couch.  As she pointed to her face she said, "Look Dad!  This happened to my face."

About an hour after a gave her a Children's Claritin I took a shower.  I came down after my shower, and Afton had helped herself to another Children's Claritin.  I asked her why she took another one and she said, "But mom, my face isn't going down!"
(Don't worry, I called poison control right away, they said she would have had to take 160 of those pills before they were worried about her- apparently the stuff its made from doesn't do much harm)

Isn't it weird?  Must run in the family!

p.s. After the whole ordeal, I remembered that Hitch has an allergic reaction and his face blows up- remember that?  It must be more common than I thought!

2 comments :

  1. I remember when kenton was little if he got a mosquito bite his ears would get floppy and his face would swell up. Many a time when we would sleep out on the trampoline we would wake up to see kenton all puffy and floppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...you just got Kurt and I both hysterically laughing...poor girl! I'm glad it turned out to be ok! Hope you guys are all settled in to your new place, we can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top