1.4.13

What I Have Learned About Love

I was extremely nervous to have two kids!  (I have mentioned this fear before).
I was nervous I couldn't handle it- and honestly I am still learning how to balance everything.  
I was nervous I wouldn't have any "me" time- and honestly I don't.
I was nervous I wouldn't like it- but I was wrong..like I usually am.

People always talk about how when you have one kid, you can't imagine having enough love for two kids but that your heart finds room and loves the second just as much.  I wasn't scared that I would not be able to love Emme, I knew I could do that.  I wasn't quite sure I would like her though.  Let me explain.

Afton is one of the most incredible people I have ever met.  She is adorable.  She is smart.  She is giving and kind.  She is funny and full of life.  I look up to her.  She has more to teach me than I have to teach her- and I feel extremely blessed to be her mom.  She has so many strengths- she is so lucky to have so many strengths!

When I was pregnant with Emme, I figured that she would either be exactly the same, or totally different.  I realized that they couldn't possibly be exactly the same so I figured they would be totally different.   I was nervous that because Afton was so amazing, that the totally different person about to come couldn't possibly be amazing.

And then Emme came to us.  And guess what?  She is amazing!  She is kind and gentle.  She is patient and easy going.  She is genuine and can make you feel deeply loved with just a smile.  I look up to her.  She has more to teach me than I have to teach her- and I feel extremely blessed to be her mom.  She has so many strengths- she is so lucky to have so many strengths!

And then I realized, I bet every parent feels this way!  Being a parent is a totally unique relationship.  There aren't any other relationships quite like it.  I think with every other relationship in life, you judge first, love second.  As a parent, you love and love and love- you never think to judge.  It is so easy to see their strengths and so hard to see their weaknesses.  And therefore, they are amazing.

And then, just one more thought.  I think about how our Heavenly Father must feel about His children.  How every. single. person. is His child.  How He must feel about every. single. person.  About how He knows how amazing they are.  He knows how many strengths they have and about how much they have to offer.

I feel like I need to be grateful for my strengths and be a little more forgiving of my weaknesses.  I feel like I need to look harder for people's strengths and worry less about their weaknesses- because everyone is someone's child, and they are amazing.  They have so many strengths- they are so lucky to have so many strengths.

_____________________________________________________________________________

And, here is my little girlie #2- she just turned 6 months!  She is amazing and we love her so much!  I am so lucky to be her mom and I can't wait to spend a lifetime learning from her!  We remember what our life was like without her, but we can't imagine how we ever found it satisfying.
You have changed our family in the best way possible- we love you little missy!









DSC_9775 DSC_9772 DSC_9778 DSC_9784 DSC_9790 DSC_9799 DSC_9790 DSC_9813 DSC_9818 DSC_9821 DSC_9829 DSC_9833 DSC_9841 DSC_9852 DSC_9902 DSC_9915 DSC_9918

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful message and photos to match! What a great duo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It always seems like I decide to check your blog right when I need it. Great insights. See you in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top