24.11.13

A Story + A Concert


A little over seven years ago, a guy I liked but refused to date (he was leaving on a mission for 2 years and I was NOT going to write a missionary) asked me to go to a Ben Harper concert.

I found out much later that my ticket was suppose to go to his brother but he took me instead.  If I had known that then, I would have never gone.  

The concert was about 4 hours from where we lived so we had a long drive to talk.  I remember getting there and realizing that that was the best car ride I had ever been on.  We then met up with a good portion of his family who were going to the concert with us.  They were so nice and I loved everyone of them.

The concert was amazing.  The company even better.

After the concert, Kenton's brother who we were staying with whispered to Kenton that we were welcome to take a little longer to get back to their house because his wife felt like she needed to clean up a little bit more.  We found a patch of grass somewhere and talked for a little bit.  When we got back in the car, it was two in the morning.

And that's when I knew.  I knew I would be writing a missionary.  That this feeling is what I wanted.

We spent two years apart and I desperately searched to find that feeling with someone else- but it never even came close.  Kenton was my guy.

The feeling still hasn't left.

___________________________________________________________________________________

The other night, we were lucky enough to see our favorite, Brett Dennen in concert.
I LOVE going to concerts with my man.  Brings me back to the days where it all began.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top