We're BIG fans of the voice around here. Last week one of the contestants sang a song called "How to Love" originally sung by Lil Wayne (yep- a wrapper). The show kept talking about how drastically different the contestant's version was than Lil Wayne's so we thought we would check out the original version on YouTube. At the end of the music video, I had tears in my eyes.
The song (or wrap?) is about a girl who never had the chance to have a stable family life and therefore never really learned how to love. The video goes through her life and shows all the heartache and difficulties that came from not knowing how to love.
It's a thought that has been on my mind for a long time. As I go through life AND as I get glimpses of other people lives, I feel extremely blessed to have had the mom I have.
Having a good mom makes a world of difference- literally. I think about my mom and the simple things she taught me that have made my life so much easier. She taught me how to be kind, how to talk to people, self confidence, how to work hard, how to read, how to study, how to serve, how to stop feeling sorry for myself and get to work- the list goes on. I now realize that without those simple skills, life can be a LOT harder!
She also taught me some pretty important stuff. How to get on my knees and pray, how to go forward with Faith, how to live righteously. I always thought these were small things but the more life I live, the more I realize that these are HUGE.
I really can't get over how incredibly few people are so lucky to have a mom like mine.
Who taught me so much.
Who's wisdom I refer to ALL. THE. TIME.
Who loved me and taught me to love.
I am so blessed.
I've also been thinking about how lucky MY mom is. How she has a mom who taught her all the things my mom taught me. How she made it so much easier for my mom to teach me. How incredibly lucky she is. And how my dad has the same kind of incredible mom.
I come from a LONG line of incredible moms. I am so blessed.
___________________________________________________________________________________
The other day I was unpacking and these thoughts were going through my head. I glanced down the hall and saw Afton quietly having her "iPad Time". I couldn't help but think of how lucky this little girl is- she has such a strong heritage of incredible women. She doesn't even know how lucky she is- and I guess at this age she probably shouldn't.
She experiences such peace on a daily basis- and its because of these incredible women before me, that my daughter can have such an incredible life. To me, that means more than anything. Thank you!

No comments :
Post a Comment