After work one day, I opened the door and found a note that said:
"Hey Babe. I went to take my test. I will explain the smell and the fan later. Love You!"
I preceded to investigate our tiny apartment. I found some ashes in the sink, a huge fan in our bedroom (may I inform you that we do not own a fan), all the windows open and the smell was almost unbearable. I figured there was a fire but I really couldn't figure out the story. When Kenton came home, he told me what happened. I think it is worth blogging.
Kenton had become frustrated with some homework and had the bright idea of burning his homework in our heater. Yeah, I married a smart one! The flames just got more and more intense so he quickly turned off the heater. But, the problem is is that you can't turn the knob too far or else it will turn off the pilot light and won't start again until the pilot light is lit (this is a task that usually requires a metal stick of some sort with a match taped to the end). Kenton thought a light torch made of paper would do the job. He lit the pilot light and the torch. In panic, he threw the torch in the sink (this explains the ashes I found in the sink). As for the fan, our neighbors heard the fire alarm and smelled something so they offered their monster size fan in hopes of airing out the building. What would we do without such great neighbors!
I had to laugh pretty hard when I heard the story. I kept teasing Kenton about being careful with the heater. But, I got my payback that night when I stood too close and melted my basketball shorts.
Basically, Heater 2, Andersons 0
Here is the thing. It really is as scary as it looks! Beware.
"Hey Babe. I went to take my test. I will explain the smell and the fan later. Love You!"
I preceded to investigate our tiny apartment. I found some ashes in the sink, a huge fan in our bedroom (may I inform you that we do not own a fan), all the windows open and the smell was almost unbearable. I figured there was a fire but I really couldn't figure out the story. When Kenton came home, he told me what happened. I think it is worth blogging.
Kenton had become frustrated with some homework and had the bright idea of burning his homework in our heater. Yeah, I married a smart one! The flames just got more and more intense so he quickly turned off the heater. But, the problem is is that you can't turn the knob too far or else it will turn off the pilot light and won't start again until the pilot light is lit (this is a task that usually requires a metal stick of some sort with a match taped to the end). Kenton thought a light torch made of paper would do the job. He lit the pilot light and the torch. In panic, he threw the torch in the sink (this explains the ashes I found in the sink). As for the fan, our neighbors heard the fire alarm and smelled something so they offered their monster size fan in hopes of airing out the building. What would we do without such great neighbors!
I had to laugh pretty hard when I heard the story. I kept teasing Kenton about being careful with the heater. But, I got my payback that night when I stood too close and melted my basketball shorts.
Basically, Heater 2, Andersons 0
Here is the thing. It really is as scary as it looks! Beware.
Classic Kenton story. It just sounds so Kenton. Funny about your shorts, I did that when I was a kid with my brand new coat-melted-must have been pretty cheep! Funny, funny.
ReplyDeleteNow that is a story you'll love telling your kids & that they will love to hear! That is hilarious!
ReplyDelete