29.7.10

Kenton turns 23 + Visitors from Hawaii

Wow have we been having a fun summer! School is out and we are loving it! Kenton came home from work the other day and thought "I guess I will go get my backpack and start on the homework" then he realized he doesn't have any! Oh, what a good feeling!
For the past week and a half, Kenton's brother Matt, his wife Yvonne, and their three kids Abigale, Saylor, and Talon have been visiting us. Matt and family are moving from Hawaii to the United Arab Emirates. . . they have been homeless on "the mainland" since Tina's wedding and have finally decided to rest their heads at our place for a little while. . . we have loved it! Since Matt and family lived in Hawaii for 10 years, we really haven't spent a lot of time with them or their cute kids. Its been so fun getting to know them and having good times! here are just a few of the fun things we have done.

the kenton anderson birthday celebrations!
kenton turned 23 this past Saturday! My hubby is growing up! (I know, we are still pretty young but we like to think that we are maturing!) kenton and I celebrated his birthday on Friday. We went to the movie Inception with his family and then got scalp treatments at Paul Mitchell Hair Academy (highly recommended, fyi). Thanks to Britta and Chantelle, we were able to leave Afton behind and have some fun just us. . . it was exactly what we both needed to relax and get the summer started!
on saturday, we celebrated the actual birthday with Kenton's family. Here are the events. . .



tennis. . . I went for the first little bit to get some pictures, for about 1/2 an hour Kenton kept claiming, "I'm just warming up guys. . .I'm just warming up" I never stayed to see if he ever got there!


Matt insisted on being the "old guy" by wearing his double layered high socks. Quite fashionable huh?


Tina had the best moves.


Fernando had the best faces.



After tennis, the kids played in the pool. Talon is officially the cutest little boy!


What is better than a little swim bum? Twin swim bums!


Choo-Choo!



Then, we had some Better than S*@ Cake. . . per Kenton's request. It was delicious if I do say so myself!



He doesn't need to make a wish. . . they all already came true!


The most lovely gift of the evening. These are pressure point socks. . . some people believe that if you massage certain parts of the foot, you can heal different areas of the body. These socks are suppose to show you where to massage. . .slight problem, they are in Japanese.

2 comments :

  1. I second the deliciousness of the better than s@# cake!!! Love the pictures. I really want to learn photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kenton! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you-looks like the party is never ending in Rexburg! My brother knows Japanese if that will help you...

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top