Afton is really growing up- it is crazy how somewhere in between a year and 18 months they become toddlers instead of babies. You can really tell that she is exploring the world and learning so much! Here are just a couple of funny things she has done lately. . .
1. Our washer and dryer is in our kitchen (I know, weird place, we thought so too). Since we have a front load washer, you can watch the wet clothes as the tumble and fall around. Today, Afton comes into the kitchen, takes one look at the washer, comes to my leg and holds on as if she is seeing a horror movie, and says, "Mommy, scared. Scared Mommy."
2. Lately Afton has loved to play with my hair. She touches it so softly and says, "so pretty, so pretty". Yesterday, I was checking my morning email while she was playing with my hair. I was in my underwear. I felt her tickling my back and saying, "so pretty, so pretty". It felt good so I didn't turn to look at her because I knew she would stop. When I finally did turn around, I realized she was not talking about my hair being pretty but instead was talking about her coloring. She had been coloring with a pen all over my back! I think she would make quite the tattoo artist!
3. We were trying to teach Afton the name of our new town so that she could tell family and friends where we lived. We are not quite sure how, but instead of associating our town with its name, she associated its name with her Playdough pocket knife. We don't really know how to fix that one and I don't think we are going to try for a while, it is just too cute!
4. One day, out of nowhere, Afton decided she was obsessed with Elmo. She has a simple Elmo book that her Grandma gave her for Easter. She insists that the book go with her EVERYWHERE! The other day, she woke up crying. I couldn't figure out what was wrong but when she was finally able to calm down enough to say something, I just had to laugh. She said, "emo, emo". Once she had her Elmo book in hand, she immediately stopped crying.
Ok I'm laughing SO hard about her coloring on your back and you thinking she's talking about your hair! Too bad you didn't take a picture of the artwork! :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously those are SO funny! You guys need to come play with us ASAP! She's a total doll!
ReplyDeletehaha so cute! That is so funny that she was coloring on you! I bet she is growing up! Love you guys. We hope the move and transition is going well.
ReplyDeleteShe's so cute! Crazy how old she is getting! You guys should have moved here not Utah! Miss ya guys!
ReplyDelete