29.4.12

the tulip fairy parade

We heard about this cool event every Spring called the Tulip Fairy Parade.  It sounded like a cool kid-centered activity celebrating Spring and the blossoming of the tulips.  I think we were a little late and missed the actual "parade" - but we still had an amazing time!
I love Pearl Street, you can go there with no plan at all and end up having a very relaxing and unique experience every time!
We finally brought cash with us to donate to the balloon lady and get Afton a balloon creation.  I must say, the balloon art on Pearl Street is amazing!  Can you believe this little Elmo?  It totally made her day!

_AND1899

_AND1906 There are always street performers out on Saturday. But, they are always different. Sometimes there is a guy who knows every zipcode in the US. Sometimes there is a full grown man who can fit his entire body into a glass cube. Yesterday, it seemed as though the theme was music. I wish my brother Chad had been there to appreciate the drumming skills of this guy. _AND1888 _AND1892 The tulips actually bloomed early this year- they were much prettier last week- but they were still beautiful. _AND1897 _AND1895 And, we stopped by a store on Pearl Street that we have a gift certificate to, and picked up some sugar plums. We had never tried sugar plums but I must say they are delicious! Kenton is already trying to figure out a way to get more! Look at this little sugar plum face, thought it was so cute! _AND1908

3 comments :

  1. Sounds like so much fun! The pictures were great, and the Elmo balloon was awesome. We can see why Afton felt like kissing it. We love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to go to Pearl Street, sounds like so much fun! And yes, Chad would've loved listening to that drummer. Keep the posts coming, I love seeing and hearing about all the fun things you guys are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these pictures make me so so excited to come and see where you guys live, we can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top