9.12.13
the razor blade incident
So Emme is going to be somewhat famous! Kenton and his crew at work did a video for one of their clients and they needed a baby to wear a beard- naturally Emme worked well.
Anyways, so its a Saturday morning and we are all trying to rush out the door to the shoot. Kenton is in charge of everything and I am in charge of getting our girls out of bed and fed with smiles on their faces so that we can have a nice fun and quiet morning while we wait in a small room for Emme's big debut (we ended up being there for TWO HOURS!!!!). At the last minute Kenton remembered he needed to bring a razor blade for the actor to use. He grabbed mine out of the shower (yes, I use a man's razor-don't judge) flicked the razor blade off onto the counter and grabbed a new one for the actor.
Fast forward a few hours. We are all tired and I am trying to get everything gathered up for our ward Christmas party. Emme is throwing a fit (her naps have been thrown out the window) and Afton is jumping around her room instead of getting her pants on like she should be (maybe I let her have a little too much chocolate while making a dessert for the party). Anyway, I set Emme in the sink to sit while I do my hair because Emme LOVES to play in the sink and pretend to get ready with me. I am in la la land while straighenting my hair RIGHT NEXT to Emme when all the sudden I snap out of it and see her holding a razor blade!!! KENTON!!!!!!!!!
So now my baby is bleeding, my husband is gone taking my dessert to the pre-party drop off, and Afton is bouncing off the walls. I can handle this. I can handle this. I pick Emme up- throw away the razor of course- and take her downstairs to the medicine cabinet to get a band-aid for the poor girl. Oh wait, that's right, we NEVER have band-aids in this house! Somehow, Afton gets a hold of EVERY SINGLE band-aid I buy, before I even get the chance to put them away, and sticks them all over everything. Great. Now what do I do?
I do this...
Poor girl. It really wasn't a huge cut by any means but the get up made it look so bad. Sorry children- sometimes your parents really drop the ball- like leaving razor blades out and then not having band-aids for their poor fingers!
She looks so grown up to me. When did that happen?
And after all the commotion, this is how I got Afton to stop bouncing off the walls and let me do her hair. Yep, I brought the straightener out of the bathroom into the living room- oh the things I do that I said I would NEVER do- like catering to my children's every desire JUST to get them to do something.
Basically, not our best day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)



No comments :
Post a Comment