12.12.13

The Simple Little Moments


Today, after I had changed yet another dirty diaper but before I showered at 5:00 pm, Emme took her first ever step.  Its a big deal for this almost-15-month-old little girl.  

And instantly I felt incredibly blessed to have been there for it.
(thank you Mr. Anderson for going to work everyday so I get to stay home and BE THERE...the fact that you missed it breaks me up inside)

Nothing in the world could be enough to take me away from simple little moments like that.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I have a ton of thoughts running through my head.  But one question keeps summing it all up.

Why does society make women feel like a career is more satisfying than being a stay at home mom?

In all the parenting blogs and articles that keep circulating through my Facebook feed, why aren't more women talking about how incredibly AMAZING being a mom is. How incredibly satisfying it is to BE THERE when your daughter takes her first step.  How full your heart feels every. single. day. How I could not possibly imagine anything as satisfying.

I just wish it was talked about more.

I wish that when a woman is faced with the decision, she had heard both sides.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Look at that face.

I'm incredibly blessed to be her mom.


4 comments :

  1. love it. . .so true, we need to post more about motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I better be there when she walks! I'm going to be a little bit sad to say the least if I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i worked at a daycare, and watched a baby take her first steps. even though i was child-less at the time, it still blew my mind that a mother would willingly miss this milestone (this particular mother chose to work even though she didn't need to). if there was one thing i learned from that job that i still remember, it is to be grateful for the blessing of staying home. sounds cliche, but it's true. i'm like you--wish i could share that testimony with everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee for Emme! and yes staying home to raise my children is a blessing which I'm happy to partake in and I hope I always will. To each their own... but for me I choose being home.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top