6.4.14

Kindergarten?



We went to Afton's friend's house to make sock puppets this week. Her mom and I were talking about how her friend will be going to Kindergarten in the Fall.

My heart stopped just a little bit.

Afton is old enough to have friends that are going to Kindergarten this Fall?  Suddenly, I felt sick.

___________________________________________________________________________________

It's not fair. You spend FIVE years with someone. 24/7 they are by your side. You fall in love. You can't imagine your life without them. They are your best friend.

And then you have to let them grow up. You HAVE to let them go.

I know its only 2-2.5 hours a day, but I don't want it! Not one bit!
I don't want to wake up and instantly get her dressed. I don't want to have to tell her to hurry, its time for school. I don't want our "groove" to get messed up. I like our groove. I like our time together. I like having her around!

But, that's just the selfish side of me. I know she needs to grow up and desperately wants to grow up.

So I guess all I can do is soak up this last year before Kindergarten-because I KNOW its going to be gone before I even blink.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top