4.7.10

The {Sepctacular} 4th of July Celebrations

Usually, I would be in favor of attending the Melaleuca firework show in Idaho Falls for our 4th of July celebrations. The show is big, set to music, safe, and we don't do anything but relax and have a good time. But, this year our family decided to celebrate the 4th of July at my uncle's ranch in Island Park. We were promised it would be a good time and we were not let down.Before heading to Island Park, Kenton and I attended the Rexburg Parade with Afton.
I find nothing more attractive than when Kenton carries Afton in the Baby Bjorn.
There is something about seeing my man be a good dad that just melts my heart.
I had to have a picture.
These were some of our favorites. Kenton's favorite was all the people dressed up in Star Wars costumes. Darth Vader was huge we don't know who the guy was but he looked like the real Darth Vader. Kenton would have loved to get pictures but we were chatting with someone as they passed.
During the day, we rode four wheelers, horses, ate yummy food, and spent time with the best company {my grandparents, parents, siblings, and our cousins Kristy, Eric & family}

the day was the perfect combination of warm weather and slight breeze.
perfect weather to try out the sweater Grandma got her.


We also attended a small rodeo put on by the trail riding company just next door to our ranch. Normally, it isn't anything too impressive but this year they had this guy named Kaiser. He was good at everything but he specialized in trick riding. He rode standing up with no hands, hanging off the side of the horse, and he even got off the horse-bounced off the ground-and got back on all while the horse was moving. Quite impressive Kaiser. After the rodeo, the company put on a quite impressive firework show.
We then set off some fireworks that Chad and Brittany picked out.
THIS IS WHERE WE ALMOST DIED!
Famous Last Words {Brittany,Fullmer-Parkinson that is}: I am WAY excited about this one. This is the one I picked out!
The firework was called "Red, White and Blue" it was suppose to shoot red, white and blue streaks into the air and explode in the air. There were suppose to be 4 seperate explosions.
The first explosion went great.

This is a picture of the second explosion.
That's right, instead of shooting into the air, it shot sideways into a pile of wood.


This is a picture of the third and fourth explosion.
The third explosion chose to explode just near the large tank of diesel fuel.
The fourth, streamed toward us (who were all sitting outside the shed). The ball just touched my dad's leg and then went through his legs.
Somewhere between the second and fourth explosion, we all ran for cover. Most of us ran into the shed. I ran right here. . .

I was about three feet from the explosion. And the full gas can was even closer.
How no one or thing caught on fire is a miracle. We are all safe and so is the ranch.


we decided to celebrate our safety by lighting our last firework.
this time, Eric screwed the firework into a solid block of wood.
much more safe.

6 comments :

  1. So crazy!! Hilarious though. Glad you all are okay! I think Brittany was trying to sabotage the Parkinson family party... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary! Everything is sooo much scarier when you have a baby to protect. Sounds like a fun weekend though despite the scary/funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to spend the 4th of July! Nothing makes a holiday more exciting than Almost getting injured ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok just to make things clear.. Cassie... Tyce and Keaton were the ones who were supposed to secure the firework ha. Not my fault at all. It would've looked totally cool in the air. It did make for a good time. I was laughin my head off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so dang funny. I love the play by play with the pics. It just made me laugh all over again. It was so great to hang out with you guys. I miss you!! Thanks again for the pics, priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that sounds crazy! reminds me of my first july 4th with Mike and we bought some of those illegal fireworks that shoot way up high - and I accidentally had it upside down when I lit it - sent the whole family running. Mike still teases me about it. a little scary at the time but a fun story to tell ... I'm glad you all came out without any burns or bruises!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top