When I was younger, my family took a trip to what I thought was a sheep farm. It was one of the coolest things I have ever been to. We watched two little lambs delivered, we got to feed the orphans lambs and we watched how sheep were sheared. It was seriously SO cool!
So, when I heard about an exclusive tour of a goat farm for $8 a kid- I jumped on the chance to take Afton to something similar to the sheep farm I had been to. But, it didn't even compare. We basically walked around a backyard full of goats. It was pretty lame. But- Afton hasn't stopped talking about the goats since- so I guess it was a success.
p.s. After getting home and realizing that I went to a place much cooler as a kid, I Googled it and realized we were at the U.S. Sheep Experiment Station- not just any sheep farm. Good to note for future reference.
My amazing friend Emily & her little boy were so nice to come with us! She actually made the most of it and found out some pretty cool facts about goats- who knew! And, she even took these cute pics- she is a much better photographer than I am!
The absolute highlight for most of the kids there was playing in the baby goats house.
Afton had a bath as soon a she got home.



afton makes for a cute "kid!" :-)
ReplyDelete