4.3.13

Bedtime

The other night, Kenton and I came upstairs to go to bed and found this. . .

Afton is like me and HATES to go to bed.  
Usually she cries/whines for a few minutes and then goes to bed. 
This night was a particularly bad night, and Afton skipped the getting-back-into-bed part!

We tried to wake her up but she was dead asleep! 
(I was actually worried that something was legitimately wrong 
but her hand had color so we figured she must be breathing)

Getting the door open was quite a challenge.  
It swings open in her direction and we didn't want to hurt her hand.

Finally Kenton managed to get the door open enough to snap a picture of situation from the inside. . . 

   
Yep, dead asleep.
We actually managed to get quite a few pictures before we woke her up.

Oh to be a kid and have the ability to fall asleep by a door.  Such an awesome life.

In other bedtime news, Emme has switched from our room to Afton's.
We were quite scared to transition, but it went smoothly.
We have been trying really hard to let Emme fall asleep on her own instead of being rocked to sleep
in hopes that she will learn to self soothe and sleep through the night (high hopes- we know!)

Kenton snapped these pictures while she was trying to go to sleep one night.
I am one lucky girl to have such simple moments so beautifully captured!

 I know I am biased, but I think she is STUNNING!


3 comments :

  1. THe big question is did it work? Did Emme finally fall asleep?... even with the distraction of her dad and a camera. Lucy has only done it once. Maybe I'll try again tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. She did fall asleep on her own but it didn't make a difference...she still wakes up at night. Is Lucy waking during the night? Any tips?

      Delete
  2. How funny!! And those pictures of Emme are gorgeous! I really am so jealous that you have your own personal photographer!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top